In order to launch this initiative, our community qualified for nearly $500,000 in Footsteps2Brilliance Literacy Equity Grants that will help us support all learners, especially our underserved children and families. Through our grant, we are able to reach all families in our community at no cost to you, your organization, or to the families who reside in our community.
Our partnership with Footsteps2Brilliance is one of a select few that will be recognized by the White House Initiative for Educational Excellence. Moreover, Footsteps2Brilliance provides a solution uniquely suited to support citywide early learning and literacy. Through our partnership, Footsteps2Brilliance gives us:
· Free access to families in 31792, 31757, 31758, 31799 zip codes
· Access on any mobile device or computer that families own
· NO Internet connectivity required after initial set up
· Proven impact on learning – with as much as 7 months gain in only 30 days of use
· Fun and engaging learning for parents and children
· Bilingual English and Spanish throughout the learning experience
· Thousands of interactive books, songs, games, and activities in every parent’s pocket
· Ongoing, real-time data measuring our impact collectively and for each individual child
Members of our Early Learning Literacy Collaborative will be recognized as advocates and champions for families and literacy in our community—as we seek to ensure that every family has these high-quality resources and knows how to use them.
So far, I have (along with the Footsteps2Brilliance team) met with our administrators, board members, community representatives, our district Instructional Technology coordinator, and district PowerSchool facilitators. Tomorrow more details will be presented to all teachers in the district PK to 3rd grade. Administrators will be trained on this programtomorrow. There will also be a family night from 6 PM to 7 PM, January 10th followed by additional meetings (TBD) to provide parents and various community representatives with the vision, mission, and planning details about Footsteps2Brilliance. Watch for opportunities to learn more about this program!
Sabrina Boykins-Everett, Ed D - Superintendent
THOMASVILLE CITY SCHOOLS
404 N. Broad St.,
Thomasville, GA 31792
229-225-2600, ext. 113