In 2015, because of your efforts, and those of the Governor’s office and Department of Education, over 630,000 students and educators across 50 school districts engaged in an innovative STEM activity on May 8th 2015, the third annual Georgia STEM Day.
Register to participate in STEM Day 2016!
TAG-Ed is now excited to announce that the fourth annual Georgia STEM Day will be celebrated on Friday May 6, 2016. This year, we hope to involve an even larger audience to raise awareness about the importance of STEM learning and the opportunities available through STEM careers. Updates and full information are available online: http://www.tagedonline.org/georgia-stem-day/
We ask that you help promote STEM Day participation in the following ways:
- Students: Get excited about STEM and join in your classroom STEM Day activities! Find out more ways you can get involved in STEM learning outside of school.
- Teachers: Incorporate fun and innovative STEM activities into your classroom on May 8, 2015. Encourage your school and fellow teachers to do the same!
- Principals/ Superintendants: Engage your entire school or school system in celebrating STEM Day. Encourage each teacher in every subject to celebrate science, technology, engineering, and math in a creative way.
- Companies & Organizations: Volunteer to speak at a local school about your exciting STEM career, host a field trip for local students at your business for local students, or partner with TAG-Ed in promoting STEM Day and help provide resources for Georgia schools!
Help by spreading the word!
- Post the STEM Day logo or link to the STEM Day landing page on your website
- Using the hashtag #GASTEMDay on your social media channels
- Download and distribute the one-page flyer.
STEM Day is a great way to forge partnerships with universities, organizations and local STEM businesses. Ask these groups to assist your school or district in celebrating STEM Day by sending STEM professionals to speak to students, host field trips, or help plan hands-on STEM activities.
Participants of STEM Day are eligible to apply for a Georgia STEM Education Award for the best STEM Day activity! The STEM Education Awards are held annually in Atlanta, GA to recognize and honor individuals and organizations for their outstanding effort and achievement in supporting and promoting STEM Education in Georgia. More information about how to apply for the Best STEM Day Activity award will be provided in April.
We are happy to discuss how your school can help make a meaningful impact on STEM Day. If you have any questions, please contact Katie Dion at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that our combined efforts will positively impact the STEM community and promote STEM workforce development in Georgia!
The TAG-Ed Team